Balk Shipyard is a family business that’s one of the oldest shipyards in the Netherlands.
The facilities at Balk Shipyard can genuinely be called state of the art. We have our own slipway, construction and outfitting department. Balk shipyard is specialized in refit, rebuilt and new built of superyacht up to 60 meter.
Due to recent new developments we are looking for:
Project manager (M/F) (38-hour work week)
The Project manager takes care of the timely delivery of high-quality projects in cooperation with the project team. The Project Manager is responsible for the execution of the project within the project framework and budget and the coordination and communication with the customer and / or owners team of the project.
- Together with the Planner, Engineering and Production manager you draw the project planning, guard these, identify deviations and take actions within the set frameworks;
- Formulating and distributing work orders and supervising the project team;
- Taking care of timely execution of the activities;
- Review and adjust manufactured technical drawings, calculations, specifications and quotations;
- Coordinating and maintaining information flow with clients, external supervisors, classification agency, suppliers and subcontractors with regard to procuring the timely approval on documents;
- The Project manager is responsible for the adequate implementation of the project according to specification, within budget and within the agreed delivery period;
- Reports and discuss the progress in the project with the client and owners team;
- Reviews and discusses on a regular basis, the progress in the project with the project team.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Bachelor naval engineering or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role within a project organization in the maritime industry.
- You speak English fluently
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office package and AutoCAD
- Experience in the yachting industry is a plus
What Balk Shipyard has to offer:
A challenging, independent and responsible position with extensive development. In addition to a salary that matches your education and experience, our company has excellent benefits. You can also count on a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic environment.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you eager to join our team? Please send us an email with your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.